Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Next Tuesday: The 4DK Monthly Movie Shout Down returns with THE STABILIZER!


I may be on the cusp of becoming a published author, but that doesn't mean I've gotten too big for the Monthly Movie Shout Down -- especially when the fate of the free world is at stake! Because when that happens, there's only one man who can even the odds: THE STABILIZER!

Yes, it's Indonesia's answer to Cobra, 1986's The Stabilizer, with its jaw dropping combo kick of nonstop, hair raising stunts, sublimely risible dialog, and carbonized acting. For a taste of what we have in store, check out this only mildly tampered-with trailer:



Come next Tuesday, June 10th,  at 6pm PDT, all you need do is log into Twitter, start up the movie via the YouTube link provided on this blog, and, using the hashtag #4DKMSD, tweet along with us as we, aghast, lay into this uproarious turkey with all our earthly might, in the process correcting the balance between right-mindedness and stupidity in the world. More details can be found at the official Shout Down site.

Now, in the interest of keeping the Monthly Movie Shout Down a woman-friendly zone, I must point out that The Stabilizer does contain some incidents of rapey-ness and violence against women. I, personally, feel that these incidents are leavened somewhat by all of the ridiculousness and incompetence that surrounds -- and, indeed, engulfs -- them, but I also realize that that judgment is up to the individual viewer. You have been warned.

Check out my Teleport City review of The Stabilizer here.

5 comments:

neither neither said...

I'm really looking forward to this. I've already seen this movie once before, so I might actually be able to tweet without being overwhelmed by the craziness this time. If my memory serves me correctly, you might want to add an animal cruelty warning to go with the violence against women part. Alas, it's just another one of those forces of evil out there that are due to for some stabilization.

Todd said...

Really? I don't remember any animal cruelty -- or any animals, for that matter -- in the film. Are you perhaps referring to Peter O'Brian's mullet?

neither-neither said...

Ha! No, I think a couple reptiles get eaten alive in single takes by a villain to showcase his evilness. Hopefully I'm remembering it wrong and that's not the case.

Todd said...

Maybe it was in Rambu.

Todd said...

Neither Neither, I owe you an apology. That movie was RIFE with reptile slaughter. Don't know I managed to forget that. Anyway, thank you for participating. I hope it will be the first of many Shout Downs in the future for you.